IBM Storage Class Memory (SCM)
Storage-Class Memory (SCM) is ultra-low latency, persistent storage (NVMe) which combines the performance benefits of solid-state memory with the lower cost of conventional hard-disk magnetic storage.
Laura Tuller, Mainline Storage Engineer, explains:
- SCM is for I/O Intense Workloads with High Write Endurance
- Experience up to 40% Lower Response with Easy Tier + Flash Core Modules + SCM
- Available on IBM Storage Systems:
- FS5100, 7200, 9200R, 9100
- Storwize v5100, v7000 Gen 3