A Twist on Team Building
Mainline Information Systems Kicks off Eight Community Service Projects in Tallahassee
The projects are:
- Revitalizing and refurnishing the interior of the health suite at the Tallahassee Senior Center
- Leading a “life skills workshop” for young adults in the Independent Living Program at the Children’s Home Society
- Conducting a suitcase drive for children in foster care who are affiliated with the Children’s Home Society
- Conducting a book drive for the Word Garden Library at the Early Learning Coalition of the Big Bend Region
- Exterior cleaning and landscaping of the front entrance of the Boys and Girls Club of the Big Bend
- Building a home entrance ramp with Ability First so that a disabled community member can live independently
- Procuring and hanging artwork in the interior of the Renaissance Community Center
- Furnishing the exterior waiting area of the medical suite at the Renaissance Community Center
The brainchild of Mainline’s local management team, the projects are designed to promote interdepartmental teamwork and to give back to the Tallahassee community.
“Teamwork is very important to Mainline’s ongoing success,” explains Mandy Fleming, director of human resources. “Last year, we took the entire team to the ropes course and held an off-site retreat for supervisory training. This year, we really wanted to try something else. Many of us were inspired by the work that Rick (Kearney), our chairman, is doing with the Renaissance Community Center, and we wanted to find a fun way to pay it forward.”
The 70-plus employees each selected three projects that they were interested in, and with that information teams were formed based on job functions. Team leaders were elected, and the teams were given a small budget for their project. With that budget, each team built a project plan.
“We wanted to be sure that we had the finance department working with operations, for example, or legal working with IT,” says Krista Campbell vice president of operations. “In addition to helping the community and the personal satisfaction that comes along with that, it was important to the success of the program for people who do not normally work together to have that opportunity.”
Upon completion of the projects, Mainline will host a celebration in which team members can share experiences, photos and videos.
About Mainline Information Systems, Inc. Mainline, headquartered in Tallahassee, FL, is an information technology solutions and IT consulting firm, and has more than 500 employees nationwide. Mainline has received many industry accolades, including VMware Global Desktop Virtualization Partner of the Year, Red Hat’s North America Partner of the Year, multiple IBM Leadership Awards and a HP Virtualization Elite partner designation. Mainline provides solutions throughout the United States, Puerto Rico, and Brazil. The company may be reached by phone at 850.219.5000 and on the Internet at www.mainline.com.
Mainline Press Contact:
All company, brand or product names are registered trademarks or trademarks of their respective holders.